New Year Yoga: Asana Flow with Dominika Kojro
Posted on January 08 2018
New Year Yoga: Asana Flow for Core Balance with Dominika Kojro
It's not always easy getting back into exercise after the excess of the festive period. So we've brought you a short asana flow video to work the core and heat the body, and get you moving again....
- Get down on your hands and knees – placing the hands directly under the shoulders / knees under the hips.
- Lift the knees a few centimeters above the mat and with control move back and forth - watch out for the hips and shoulders to be stable.
- Stop in the starting position and raise your right hand and left leg, feeling the energy pulling to the opposite directions - change sides.
- Get down to your knees and rest your glutes on your heels: child’s pose.
- Move your hips up to create an upside-down V shape: downward facing dog.
- Smoothly flow the spine in to upward facing dog, come back and forth few times to feel the waves of energy cascading through your body.
- Go to the plank pose - activate the abdomen, slightly cat the back to feel the strength from the core and gently touch the left arm with a right palm. Change the side and make sure the hips are in line.
- Begin to walk on the forearms and climb up.
- Go to Malasana and open the ribcage to one side and the other.
- Sit and go to Navasana boat pose. Hold a strong core, with your sit bones on the mat, spring the legs up, try one at the time, then maybe try both. Make sure that your spine is not collapsing - even if you have to bend your knees.
- Go down into low boat - keeping your legs active and off the floor. Take a deep inhale and exhale back to Navasana.
- Repeat this action one more time and then close the flow resting in child's pose.
About Dominika Kojro - Warsaw, Poland
Video by Andraé Love